8 POWERFUL Ways of Attracting More Customers for Tradies in 2021
Because the competition is getting quite competitive in the tradie market whether you are a newbie in the business, an established company or an individual contractor with years of experience, you still need to keep up with the digital trends in order not to lose customers. Regardless of the type of your craft, be it plumbing, building design, bricklaying or carpentry, you need to have a well-rounded marketing strategy in place to become visible to your customers. It can also help you better target your potential clients based on demography, thus driving more leads, enhancing your local presence and essentially increasing your revenue.
How Can A Strong Online Presence Lead Customers to You?Let’s review this a practical from daily life It goes without saying that normally, your customers are people who have stumbled upon an emergency situation, a problem needing an urgent solution or just looking to improve their existing property and looking for reliable tradie in the area to ensure the work is completed on time and in budget. Say, we are dealing with a plumbing issue. The customer, in our case, Charlotte, has got a leaking pipe at her house that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, she will end up dealing with poor water quality, stained walls, invasive black mould, or flooding that would cost a fortune to handle. So, what’s the first thing that Charlotte, living in our digital era, will do?
- It’s not hard to guess that she will immediately Google search for available specialists. As a side note, statistics show that over 80% of Australians will search before asking a friend.
- Charlotte will then go on to checking the reputation and reviews of the plumbers that appear in the top search results. She will choose the one with not only the best reviews, but also the most professional, easy-to-understand, fast-loading and responsive website.
- If she wants to learn more on how trustworthy and reliable her choice is, she will also have a look at the plumber’s or plumbing company’s Facebook or other social media pages. Seeing regular posts and a certain number of followers and likes, she will give it a try.
- Now Charlotte considers her choice to be credible, the next step is making the booking.
- The plumbing company, after having provided a high-standard service, will send a feedback request to Charlotte asking her to write a review on her thoughts of the service.
- After a while, Charlotte will surely have a friend or a relative in need of plumbing services. What she will do is recommend them the same plumbing company she applied to.
- Over time, as the company keeps Charlotte updated on their services via newsletters, she might want to refresh her kitchen with a new tap. She will again apply to the same company becoming a repeat customer.
What Do You Need to Do to Enhance Your Online Presence?It’s high time we introduce you to the main ways through which you can build a strong online presence and stay ahead of your competitors.
Build or Optimise Your Website
Enhance Your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Note: Getting your special place in the top results of search engines only means that you should keep working and improving your SEO strategies in order to preserve and further enhance your achievements.As it was already mentioned, trades are in high demand in Australia which creates a highly competitive market. However, it’s possible to beat your competitors and increase your brand awareness with the right SEO strategy. Imagine two skilled and experienced tradies – one of them shows up first in search engines, the other overlooks the importance of online presence – which one do you think will attract the customer? No second-guessing needed here.
Supercharge Your Lead Generation with Targeted PPC CampaignsGoogle Ads is still one of the best ways for lead generation for your tradie business. What is especially beneficial is the improved targeting. You can display your ad only when people are actively searching for your services. In addition, you pay only when people visit your website. Thanks to this, your marketing spend is essentially reduced, at the same time, the number of people contacting you grows. Here is an example: If you are a plumber in Sydney, the keywords you want to be visible for are the following:
- Best plumber in Sydney
- Plumber near me
- Fix blocked drain Sydney
- Shower leak repairs Sydney