Considering the ever-increasing reliance on web-based research for decision making, it has never been more important to build and enhance the online presence of your business. Despite the growing need for everything digital, almost half of Australia’s small businesses, as surprising as it sounds, do not have a website or any online presence.
So, if you are a traditional brick and mortar business, now is the time to start thinking about growing your business online. And by ‘traditional’ we mean a business trading from a physical location that sells either in person, by phone or mail.
Going online might sound complicated at first, however, the moment you get a grasp of it, the whole process will become clearer, and you will be asking yourself, why didn’t I do this earlier???
What it all comes down to is the many benefits of having an eCommerce website will bring to your business. So read on and remember, you saw this online!
Here are some of the reasons why you should have your business online:
- Better Brand Image
Nowadays, having a website is a measure of how credible your retail business is. If your business does not have a responsive website with an eye-catching design and useful information that speaks to your target audience, then you risk losing customers to your competitors who do. People simply start doubting the trustworthiness and credibility of a business that does not sell online, has a dated website, or does not have a strong online presence in general.
A professional e-commerce platform is simply a must-have for any retail business. Otherwise, losing business to competitors becomes inevitable. Let’s put it this way, you need to build an online presence because that’s where 90% of your customers are looking for you and are finding your competitors instead.
- Always open for business
Warren Buffett is quoted as saying: “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.” A major advantage of e-commerce websites is that your potential customers and target audience can find you and buy your products at any time of the day or night! Enough said.
It’s therefore a no brainer that being always open for business will improve sales and market reach.
- Enhanced Customer Support through Live Chat
With a strong online presence, you can answer the questions of your clients, carry out sales webinars, and solve client problems. A one-time investment in creating an informative video, a product spec sheet or a FAQ (frequently asked questions) will then enable you to direct your customers to that information for years to come. This will save you time and help you ensure a better service experience for your customers.
Clients like to get what they want when they want it, and live chat is a means of enhancing quick customer service and increasing customer satisfaction. It will help you provide instant customer support and answer client questions on the spot and can increase your sales conversions by as much as 30%.
- Expanding your market beyond your Physical reach
A physical store limits the capacity of people who can visit you both due to location and size of premises. Additionally, there is a premium to be paid to be central or in the right location. A good website will allow thousands of people visit you online from anywhere and anytime with no limitations. Think of the limitless growth opportunities that can bring to your business.
The success of your e-commerce store, or online presence in general comes down to how successful your digital marketing strategy is. There are many ways of increasing your website traffic, i. e., the number of visitors to your website:
- Content marketing: Provide your customers with useful information by writing interesting blogs and articles.
- Social media: Be active on social media, post engaging and interactive content.
- PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns and SEO (search engine optimisation): The former represents paid ads that deliver results here and now getting your website to the top of search engines. The latter requires more efforts but if done correctly, can gain you a top spot on search engines long-term. Choose the right keywords to carry out well-targeted campaigns and you will be good to go.
- More convenient, instant gratification
The internet accelerates the overall sales and volume through innovative processes. An online store platform enables you to automatically track inventory, sales numbers, orders, delivery etc. You can confirm orders instantly increasing the responsiveness of your business. This significantly reduces your administrative work and increases customer satisfaction.
People don’t have time to wait – they always choose the easiest and quickest ways of getting the services or products they need. Make sure your online store provides minimum clicks to sales completion and reliable logistics partners.
Online sales are growing more than ever before and the early adaptors are reaping the rewards. A strong online presence comes with ever increasing challenges and cost as competitions increases. Start reaching more potential customers sooner by acting now before it is too late and too costly. A well-thought-out digital marketing strategy and a team of experts can help you achieve results sooner and be more cost effectively.
The reasons why this is the most effective decision are:
- With a one-stop-shop digital marketing agency, you will get a website that has been built having marketing in mind. Web developers alone do not care about this aspect that much.
- SEO (search engine optimisation) and PPC (pay-per-click) will be carried out in alignment with each other. While getting you instant results through PPC campaigns, the marketing team will be able to single out the right keywords to use in the SEO strategy to deliver you long-term results.
- Social media marketing will also be taken care of professionally, keeping the tone of voice of your social media posts in harmony, so to say, with your website content and blogs.
Each of these elements matters in digital marketing. Missing or ignoring the importance of any of them may cost you customers or increase your cost per conversion.
At TME, we provide the full package of digital marketing services delivered by highly qualified specialists at affordable prices. We care about our customers and understand that your success is our success. Start your online journey today, our experts would be happy to provide you an obligation-free consultation. Follow the link below to get in touch with us: